It seems like everyone is on-the-go these days! Staying fit plays a huge role in your physical and mental health, but with such busy schedules, finding time to work out can be a challenge. Despite what many believe, developing, and maintaining a fitness routine into a busy schedule is possible. Here’s how we would do it:
RELATED: Fun and Fit Summer Activities
Make a Schedule and Stick to it
Being too busy to make time is the biggest excuse in the book for neglecting fitness. But if you genuinely desire to do something, you will make time for it. Setting aside small amounts of time in your day makes it easy to stick with it and avoid making up excuses. Here are some ways to squeeze time in your schedule:
- Dawn jogging: if you’re a morning person, wake up an extra half-hour before you need to get ready to fit in a morning walk or jog
- Utilize work breaks: if there is a workout center around your work, stop by and lift weights or jog for twenty minutes on your hour lunch break
- Pre-dinner effort: push yourself to do a quick ten-minute workout video before relaxing at the end of the day
Choose an Exercise That Works for You
Find a form of exercise that you enjoy. If you can enjoy exercising, you will be more motivated to make time for it. Gym’s and martial arts studios offer classes several times a week that you can easily commit to after work. Try yoga, Zumba, aerobics, or kickboxing two to three times a week!
SEE: 5 Simple Tips for Toning Up Your Body This New Year
Make Exercise a Part of Your Everyday Life
What people don’t often think of is how you can incorporate fitness into your life without having to change your routine. Here are a few adjustments you can make to your everyday lifestyle that will double as an exercise:
- Take the stairs instead of elevators
- Walk or jog instead of driving shorter distances
- If you have kids, run around and play with them rather than just watching
- Squeeze in some sit-ups or lunges while watching T.V. (or during commercials if you can’t be distracted during your favorite show)
GrindReliefN Wants You to be Fit and Healthy!
Make the most out of the little spare time you may have to get fit and healthy! Your health is nothing to joke about, and you can stay even healthier by using GrindReliefN for nighttime teeth grinding/clenching pain. So pull out your calendar, pencil in your workouts, and remember: a little goes a long way!